WYGY 97.3 The Wolf General Contest Rules
These rules apply to all contests conducted by WYGY (the “Station”) unless otherwise specified in the specific contest rules for particular contests governed by their own separate contest rules.
Who Can Enter
1. To enter, contestants must be legal residents of the State of Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana, who are 13 years of age or older. In the event that winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign for prize.
2. Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the Station, contest sponsors and any other Cincinnati area radio stations, and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners and siblings) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Contestants may enter as often as they wish, unless specified otherwise. Contestants can only win once per day. Contestants may only win one prize per person valued at or above $10,000 every six months unless specified otherwise.
4. Station is not responsible for any entries, internet connections and/or telephone calls that are misdirected, lost, stolen, disconnected, not received, or are illegible. Station is not responsible for any printing errors. All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. Entries that are determined by Station to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in the contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified in Station’s sole discretion.
6. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. Station may run more than one contest simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time.
7. Depending on the contest, the Station will designate the required method of entry. The following apply to the applicable entry method designated:
a. For call-in contests, entrants will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line (the phone number will be given on the air) at a particular time or times. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (e.g., first six callers, tenth caller, first caller with the correct answer). Only those calls to the specific phone number provided, at the time calls are solicited, shall be eligible to win. Calls to the main Station phone number or any other phone number are not acceptable. Winners will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct. By calling the Station’s call-in or request line, each contestant gives permission and consents to Station’s recording and/or broadcasting contestant’s name, voice, participation, and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
b. For mail-in contests, entries must be received at the announced address by the announced deadline. Mail-in entries must be legible and contain all information required.
c. For entry boxes contests, all entries which are mutilated, tampered with, illegible or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries which are not deposited in the official entry box will be void. Unless otherwise specified, only official entry blanks are eligible (no mechanical reproductions will be accepted).
d. For internet based entries, use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry modes is prohibited and will be void. In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the email account on the date of entry will be the recognized user.
8. If a name is announced on-air as a potential winner who is required to call-in to win, only the actual person who entered can win and must be the person who calls in. Persons having the same name will be disqualified if not the actual entrant.
9. All prizes awarded on-air or on-line must be picked up at the Station’s studios at 2060 Reading Road, Cincinnati, OH 45202 during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Prizes will not be mailed, unless otherwise determined by the Station.
10. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and social security number in order to pick up any prize. All winners are required to sign a Release relieving the Station, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize.
11. Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
12. Prizes not claimed within 10 business days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of Station. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management.
13. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Station where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more.
14. Odds of winning depend on the how the contest is conducted. For random drawing, the odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. All tie breaking procedures will be announced on-air and/or communicated in writing to tied contest participants.
15. Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Station.
16. By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby agree that Station has no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession and/or use of a prize or an entrant’s participation in any such contest.
17. By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby consents to the Station and contest sponsors’ usage of any one or more of the following for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestant’s name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call.
18. Complete contest rules are available at the Station studios at 2060 Reading Road, Cincinnati, OH 45202 during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or go online at www.B105.com.
19. Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
20. Station is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a phone call or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry or prize claim including, without limitation, any internet telephone call connections.
21. Station reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
22. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from these rules, the individual contest rules will govern and control.